Friday, April 17, 2015

Great Moments in a Biographer’s Career


WVM with Mitch Teich.
This and photo below by Stefan Walasz©.

In Milwaukee this week, I was interviewed by Mitch Teich, the executive producer and co-host of “Lake Effect” on WUWM, Milwaukee Public Radio. A couple of months earlier, the publicist from University Press of Mississippi had sent Mitch an advance copy of the book, bound galley proofs — and because Mitch happened to have his copy in the studio, I was able for the very first time to hold the book in my own two hands.

I confess that, seven years after I started this project, I got a little verklempt.

Madeline Kahn: Being the Music, A Life has been printed and bound, and is now in the warehouse, which means that it will be shipping soon. I’ll be sure to let you know when Mitch’s interview with me is scheduled to air on “Lake Effect”; among many other topics, we talked about Madeline’s work with one of Milwaukee’s favorite sons, Gene Wilder. I hope you’ll enjoy listening as much as I enjoyed rambling on and on.



No comments:

Post a Comment